View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Well, I'm not sure if you can use the tinned stuff or not. I don't think we even have that here. I keep forgetting about the difference in weather and how some things are just not available for a lot of you. I guess it depends on what's in the tinned stuff... is it just pumpkin? Like, is it a similar texture and taste to regular old mashed pumpkin? I'm thinking the tinned stuff might be totally different.

Here's one of our pumpkins

I have a recipe for lemon butter... that's what I call it. I think that's maybe the same. I'll come back and post it when I find it.

Just a tip about storing Lemon Butter. I don't know that I'd store it for too long. I never make more than one or two little jars of it at a time just in case it goes off. I LOVE homemade lemon butter on fresh hot toast for breakfast, but it can be used in tarts and all manner of other things.

Lemon Butter

with Thanks to ABC Gippsland, Victoria.

"Serves 2 Jars

2 eggs
250 grams white sugar
125 grams butter
Juice of 3 lemons
Zest of 2 lemons

Method:
Beat eggs with sugar in saucepan (Just whisk – not stiff). Add butter, lemon juice and zest.

Stir over medium heat until it thickens (this happens quite quickly) like honey.

Cook for another 2 –3 minutes – DO NOT BOIL!

Cool & bottle

NOTE – Nice cleaned skinned lemons. Zest gives majority of flavour"
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote