View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I talked to my podiatrist about shoes and he mentioned the Sketcher tone ups...I have some of those but cannot find one of them. Go figure...in a stupid cam-walker for 10 weeks (before I found the new podiatrist) so now I have lost one of my shoes! ugh. I have to search more when I have the energy or not hurting too bad. I may even have to clean out my closet..yikes! LOL

Anyway, my leg is still hurting pretty bad. Not all the time, only when I have to lift it, it rubs against my clothes, fan blows on it, etc. If I am perfectly still, the burning will subside eventually. When I move it I get this very sharp, tearing pain. (or when it rubs against my clothes). I have tried the cream I have for my feet and tramodol...nothing is really helping. I am not sure if I should call the after hours line. When I talked to triage 2 days ago they said to give it a few more days. Well, I have and it is still bad. I will mention it to the dr. when I get my next block (Wed)...but I really don't get to talk to him in that situation. What would you all do? Is this normal after a block? I figure he might have nicked a nerve or something and that is causing this but I am not sure.

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. It is nice to know people care and understand. =) My dh is starting to show he is concerned. He even wants to go to my follow-up appt with the PM dr. He hasn't gone to any appts so far except the block (because he had to drive me). I have noticed that since the block he is becoming more attentive to my needs and pain. I have also noticed him being more tender with me too...wanting to take care of me more (not that he hasn't cared for the last 18 yrs...I was just able to do a LOT more and he could provide for us while I took care of kids and home, yard, etc).

Again, thank you for all your help in answering my questions.

Janel
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote