View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Last year when I had my root canal (or was it the year before? it was traumatic, I'm trying to block it out) it was a dental problem. She showed me the x-rays. Problem improved after the dental work.

Some of my dental pain I think is from the nature of the composite filling. Some people can have more sensitivity with the composites (rather have sensitivity from a composite filling than mercury poisoning from an amalgam) I know when I eat ice cream, I have to pretty much bite my tongue to keep from screaming when the cold hits my teeth. Then after a few minutes, it calms down and I can go on slurping down the ice cream.

I think half the time, my dental pain is MS related, and the other half it's an actual dental issue. I had really bad teeth up until 2006/2007. (previous dentist was competent, but a jerk, the guy before that was a jerk and a crook and not very competent) I had/still have a phobia of the dentist and I avoided the problems till the MS showed up. Decided to get my teeth worked on in the hopes that it would help. (it did, for awhile)

Now I'm almost convinced that the dental problems (cracked teeth from badly done amalgam fillings) were the reason that my MS got mad and started picking on me a few years ago.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote