View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanogirl View Post
Do simple partial seizures always get worse? Right now they don't really bother me and I can function but I'm scared I will have a bigger seizure in the future home alone with the kids.

I go for my EEG tomorrow. They don't want to do an MRI until I'm further along in my pregnancy.

I'm feeling overwhelmed right now so thank you for all the information.
I am so happy to know that I am not going crazy! I too have experienced the exact same experiences as you have with the dejavu episodes etc. The only difference is that I passed out with this last one. I just spent 3 days in the hospital having several tests done and still no clear cut answers except a diagnosis of epilepsy and that I display "classic symptoms of simple partial seizures". My last episode during daylight was in 2006 although I believe I have them at times when I am sleeping. The "dream" is significantly different than your normal dream. I always feel a bit unsettled by it. Do you have any thyroid issues? I had 80% of mine removed in 2005 due to hashimoto syndrome and take a hormone replacement. They did find that my hormone levels were off and increased my dosage. In my research I did find that his could be a contributing factor. I also drink an enormous amount of caffeine daily in the form of diet soda. Who knows? I have to go back for an MRI and hopefully will get some more answers. Like me, you probably know when it is coming on so sit down until it passes. You may end up on the floor in a store like me! Hang in there...
cindylouwho1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote