View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cindylouwho1,

Welcome to the forum! I wanted to let you know that problems with the thyroid and taking homrone medication can cause seizures because the hormones changing in a persons body can throw the chemistry off and trigger sz. for many people. Women whose estrogen level is to high causes excitment in the brain which will trigger sz. Progesterone helps calm the nerves and in turn you have fewer sz.
In regards to diet soda that is one of the worst things a person can do because the nutra sweet (aspartame) as well as the caffeine will trigger sz. for a person. I found this out the hard way when I used to drink diet soda a lot and I saw a big increase in my sz. When I spoke to my Epileptologist about my sz. increasing I told him what I was eating and drinking and the moment I told him diet soda that's when I was told to stay away from it because it causes more electrical activity in the brain. I was also told to drink only 4 cups of caffeine in a 24 hr. period. This would also include chocolates, soda, coffee, and tea. Play it safe and stay away from the diet soda and cut back on the caffeine. Also have your Dr. check your hormone level to make sure everything is balanced. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote