View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry that you are going through all of this and I can totally relate to feeling like you want to have your life back...the fun. My boyfriend has been a blessing for me in giving me a sense of normalcy even with all the problems and the pain. He makes me laugh...and these days that is just priceless.

I find it odd what you said about the pool therapy (ie not making it to that part). When I was told to do pool therapy that's where we started. It was much easier to do most of the exercises and walking in the pool...stuff I couldn't do out of the water period. The temp of the pool was the most difficult part of that pool therapy since it wasn't very warm. But we started out with 2 days in the pool and 1 out of the pool each week, then after a few weeks went to 1 pool day, and then were totally out of the pool. There was a progression with that and it worked for me to get me walking again (until this new set of problems started).

I've always sort of wondered about fibromyalgia too...but I have always thought that the biggest difference was the level of pain with the RSD is so much higher. I know a lot of the medications are the same.

I hope that no matter where you end up going, Mayo or Cleveland Clinic, that they are able to help you. Things will get better...we have to always have faith in that. Good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote