View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi whirlwind,
I have the same problems as you, glaucoma and catararact but I've been taking much more Pred than you for almost four years, up to 75 mg/d and now down to 13 mg/d.
I had surgery for cataract on one eye 3 years before MG and had to have the other eye done two years ago, Make sure that the eye surgeon and the anestheasist both know that you have MG, so they can select the appropriate products for your case.
As far as glaucoma is concerned, I also had internal eye pressure going up beyond 30 in both eyes and this is adequately controled (now down to 14) with eye drops mornings and evenings (10 mg/ml of brinzolamide and 0.3mg/ml of bimatoprost) . You have to be careful as some products used to reduced high internal eye pressue are strictly forbidden for MGer's.
I have another problem correlated with glaucoma, reduced eye sight broadness (?) as the high internal eye pressure compresses the optical nerve and gradually damages it...
Ask your ophtalmo for a test.
Now for Cellcept, I've been taking it since the beginning (2 g/d then reduced to 1.5 g/d) without any beneficial effect nor adverse side effects. It may cause skin cancer and patients are advised not to expose themselves to sun rays...
Personaly, I would prefer Imuram to Cellcept but they both require several months (like 6 months) to kick in.
Good luck to you!
Maurice.
neutro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote