Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari_W View Post
Thank you DiMarie

I've always wondered about the Ticket To Work Program, not that I can even entertain the thought of working at this time. Once you get on that does SS expect you to eventually work full time? How does that affect your benefits if you don't mind me asking?
I did not need my ticket to work, it really did nothing except assist in my computer and software for school, and work. I gave our local participant my ticket and never had a review over the ten years.

I had a letter from s/s that I have not had any gainful employment, reportable quarters or medical improvement.

I work pt time, using my brain the education I acquired, some months it is $600-800 with mileage reimbursement, others I may not have work referrals for three months in a row. I recuperate during that time.

Right now it is super busy with winter storm damage, vehicle claims, and slip and falls. I have my P.I. license and work for an insurance adjusting company in the special investigation unit. But they are so busy to keep me working the last 4 months I have done property damage, and other claims.
My husband drives me, assist with measurements. I do the invest. and computer reports to the company.

I have sacrificed the ability to get any laundry done, house clean, just getting showered, dressed and doing a claim is painful. I could never have anyone in my house to visit I would be so embrassed. I don't know the last time I dusted and scrubbed and noone here does it right. They just do what I ask, eventually. I try...I sit on the computer chair to scrub the floor or use a rag on my foot to wipe up.

i live in my recliner doing the reports and photos for claims. Getting reports from estimators, comtractors, police depts. etc during days I am not on the road.
Along with cervical and lubar, I have fybromyalgia and sever CT. syn.
I need to keep a roof over our head, and I do enjoy being praised for the work I do.

I also do subcontracting as family advocate to supervise visitations of parents by orders. Keeping family out of the system keeps money in their pockets and not the attorney's.
But, I get the worse cases, the parents that are in jail, on illegal drugs, abusive. So a lot of times it is not pretty. But the kids love the visits, they still love Mom or Dad.
Whatever you choose, you have to enjoy your life,there will be sacrifices, pain being one. But so many rewards.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote