Thread: Pain pumps.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is a pain pump and SCS forum on Neurotalk -see the link in the Sticky Threads at the top of the homepage.

Good luck to you. Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1717 View Post
Sorry....I don't mean to be stupid here, but I have been in pain for a number of years due to several failed ( Hydrocephalus) Shunt revisions. My brain has collapsed twice during these 22 surgeries, and this has left me with more pain than most people can imagine in a lifetime...but then most of you KNOW what I am talking about.
I am wondering if I am a candidate for a pain pump now? These surgeries were done in 2001-2002....and I am just miserable. Each time I get hospitalized for something else, the same thing happens, the lectures, the dirty looks,etc. I was dx'ed with Bell's Palsy last week, and the way I was treated in the ER of our local hospital was deplorable.....no one should be treated like that.I went to my opthamalogist for eye drops( the OTC stuff just wasn't working ) and she sent me ASAP BACK to the ER, and yup, you guessed it, the Dr. there was furious with me. HE did what she ( the opthamalogist) asked, another CT-scan was performed, simply to MAKE SURE that nothing had happened within the previous 24-30 hours.....from the 1st scan.
My pain in largely in my head...althoughh it does radiate down my arms at times. On a scale from 1-10, I can tolerate an "8" headache, but most of the time my head pain is much much worse. No one should have to live like this, but what can you do ?
I need help....I don't however, need some doctor ( I live in Michigan ) telling me that I need to see another pain specailist that will obviously see me, make me into an "inpatient " for 2-3 weeks and then, despite everything that each pain clinic has tried ( conventional & unconventional treatments ) the Dr(s) come in to my room,announce that they can't do anything more, and need to put me BACK on my pain meds and send me home....Is there any help out there for someone like me ? I would be willing to re-locate, I am getting tired of this. If I could find some relief somewhere..... IF anyone has a suggestion, a clinic a doctor(s) to see....I am all EARS ( and EYES ).....
Thanks so much for listening to this long and rambling e-mail......
Once again, AM I a candidate for a PAIN PUMP ? Are there cities in which some Dr. might be willing to help me ?
Thanks !
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote