View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sounds great!! wow - we are all such foodies!!! now if only my taste buds worked!! but it all sounds YUMM!!!

Artist --> Yorkshire pudding sounds great!!! Leah (carer) is going to have a go at it tomorrow!

Roz --> LOL! I am a total foody... I love thinking about it, cooking it (HAHAHA --> more like telling my minions how to cook it!) - I spose we brits do worry alot about how we dress.. but not as much as the french!! Also, you know the show Absoloutly Fabulous? that's similar to my accent (I know.. scary isn't it!??!)

Lara --> those pumpkin scones sound awesome! I imagine that tinner pumpkin is ok - I know over here we get lots of seasonal veg in tins if it can't be sourced fresh and it's generally ok - APART FROM TOFU NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER by tinned tofu. It is disgusting. Even Becka (carer) thought it was ming...... sounds so yummy though - I love pumpkin but we rarely get it over here... Lemon butter sounds great! do you ever make brandy butter? that's a good one as well.

Broken wings --> I LOVE spinach -either steamed or just as it is. Tend to put it in everything! - well, curries, pasta sauces, salads etc.. the only problem is it doesn't liquidise very well.. but it is seriosuly yum - normally add it to the steamer just before serving so it goes softer but doens't go chewy.... Lemon curd? you must be able to get that in the US? I will have a search for a receipe.. The soup sounds awesome! I am definetly taking a list to Saisbury's and giving it a go... it sounds great! I tend to get Leah/ carer to make up large batches because it is so much simpler - especially as cooking in a student kitchen can turn out to be abit of a nightmare!!! (small, pokey, with bad equipment!).. I love steaming veg - it's so easy, and it keeps the nutrients in.. also it's easier to explain to vegetable phobic carers how to cook them (one carer decided to boil everything and left it on the hob for about an hour, and then wondered why I refused to look at burnt, squashy, plastic like vegetables... they were rank!). How about shortbread as another idea for high tea? it's really easy to make and you can add anything to it (ginger, chocolate chips, chocolate in general, cheese..erm that's all i can think of right now.. but it's really versatile - cherries too!). Will search Sainsburys/ Waitrose/ Harvest for you and see what's around.

I am still loving this thread! oooh - I know how to make fudge! It's awesome

Loads a love and is anyone up for chatting on the chat room? I can't sleep because of pain and am B O R E D!!

FRxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx