View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member

Dear Paula,

As you said in your post, "plus she mentioned us," so I assume she will read the post, and no doubt, since she admits to reading them in the past, would be hard put to have missed the subject in the past.

Who better than me? Just about anyone on this forum. I am known and disregarded on this forum, because of my prolife beliefs. As one poster wrote, "If the "devil" is at work here, it's my opinion that "work" involves convincing otherwise well-meaning people that it's a "sin" to use the knowledge we've been given to pursue scientific solutions to the problems that face mankind." Radioguy. Therefore I must be considered a kook, and everything I am should be disregarded. I know you mean well, Paula, but I tend to be cursed by emotional potshots by persons like above.

How many of the people who posted on this site ever participated in a Parkinson's walkathon, even those with relatives who have Parkinson's disease (discluding caregivers, obviously they are involved because of their carepatient) before their diagnosis? The author admits to waiting 7 years to come out. Now that she is having difficulty working it has become a priority for her. Same for Michael J. Fox, God love him, who abused his subscription drugs, in an effort to keep his illness a secret. It has left him suffering now more than need be. I understand Parkinson's disease will eventually kill me. But I won't let it change me, including my spiritual beliefs.

When I work with the children, and they see me shaking, I explain why. They tend to assume I am afraid and I need to reassure them that I am not to get their full attention. I have the support of the teachers throughout the schools I volunteer at as well as the principals.

Were more of us to allow ourselves to be seen in public places, as volunteers, instead of attending congressional conferences and seeking power, like so many other lobbyists, the American people may be more aware and sympathatic to our problems.

Love,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote