View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, thanks for your input. To answer your questions:

Most of the dozens of doctors I've seen dismissed the concussion, they all focused on the dive. I don't think any of them, other than my current one, tried to do anything about the concussion. So that is why we are trying HBOT at such a late date... no one had suggested it before. I'm not sure how to get checked out for neck injuries... I've seen neurologists, physical therapists, physiatrists... none has shown concern for my neck after examination.

My sleep has been difficult since the dive. For several days after the dive, I was sleeping 12 hours a night and still waking up feeling terrible. Then over the next few weeks I started waking up early, 5 or 6am, and being wide awake despite being tired and having gotten little sleep. Then I started having trouble both falling and staying asleep, but I've been on lots of medications to help with this over the years. Currently I'm taking L-tryptophan, which was working for many months, but never seems to give me refreshing sleep. I don't think I've felt "rested" in the morning since the scuba dive. I don't really feel sleepy during the day, just tired and worn out, but I generally am unable to fall asleep if I try to nap. I don't usually have weird or stressful dreams.

I'm not currently on any prescription meds, though I've tried tons over the years: neurontin, numerous anti-depressants and benzos, muscle relaxers, etc. Most just made me feel worse. Amitriptiline at low doses (10-20mg) helped me sleep for years, but I felt it was affecting me in other ways and eventually got off it. Currently I take some supplements to help me sleep (L-trptophan). I actually had some small benefits from other amino acids (tyrosine) that intermittently helped my mood a little, but the results never stayed, and my stomach always felt irriated by these pills.

I've tried tons of chiros, massage etc. though I'm not sure I did myofacial release. Is that the one that is really light? Where they just barely pull on the muscle? That sounds familiar and I tried it for a while without any results... though I do remember my ears popping nicely during on session, but nothing else.

I am looking at the tbiguide, thanks for the link.

I'll have to dig up my neuropych results to provide more info on them.

Off to my first HBOT...
justaguy394 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote