View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default all done!

Afternoon all, I posted my post op experiences in the rib removal thread- if you're interested.

The surgery went great- went in the OR at 345p and was back out at 6p. Spent about 45 minutes in recovery and then up to my room. The surgeon removed 2/3 of my left first rib and a large portion of my scalene mucsle which had wrapped itself around both my first rib AND my artery. He said that my artery opened 100% beautifully. Awesome. All in all, while on the operating table, the surgeon pulled my left arm over my head and said I had a "strong pulse," which I haven't had in years. The incision is about 3 inches long, with internal stitches and closed with derma-bond under the left armpit. Recovery has been great, MUCH easier than I anticipated!!! I was discharged from the hospital about 18 hours after leaving the OR!!!! Have my f/u on thursday this week and I certainly hope to continue with this awesome healing!!

Thank you all for the support, and I will continue to lend my support as well. Next year- have to get the right side done.

Jocelyn
josepentia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-18-2011), Jomar (04-19-2011), mspennyloafer (04-18-2011)