View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicky...

You said... "Radioguy. Therefore I must be considered a kook, and everything I am should be disregarded."

One more time -- point to anything I wrote that indicates that.

I'll say it one more time. I think that people who want to enforce THEIR religious beliefs on ME are standing in the way of research for a cure.

Are you one of those people? If you are, then you have to justify that in your OWN mind. If you think that the embryos left over from in vitro fertilization are BETTER scraped into the garbage than being used for research, I'd love to hear your rationale for that.

Your pain is no greater than anyone else on this forum. I'm merely stating my opinion. And, as you will see if you go back through my posts, my comments were not, were not, were NOT directed at you personally. When I posted my original comment on the subject, I had no idea what your stance on stem cells was. I do now, however, and I think you are wrong. And I think that because people who believe the same as you have the ear of the President, this important research is years behind where it SHOULD be. I get to think that. It's my opinion. This is America.

Be well, be happy. I know you've been abused as a child. I know you have issues. I know everything I know from reading your posts. Having been raised by loving parents, I can not begin to imagine your pain. But I also know this is a bastard of a disease and I am willing to do anything -- ANYTHING -- to help find a cure or at least better treatments. You have a right to believe whatever you want to believe. But when your beliefs get in the way of curing MY disease, I get a little cranky.

I'm sure you are a lovely person, and I hope you will accept my comments in the spirit of commonality in which they are offered.