View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
This is going to sound like a crazy suggestion from me, since I am really not fond of benzodiazepines, but they do a great job of calming down the autonomic system. In your case, it would seem a possible option? Just a thought. I know your options are limited, which is why I am suggesting this. Other than that one suggestion, I guess you have to trust the doctors, and at least you are at Johns Hopkins. Don't rush your decision if you don't have to, think things over. Dysautonomia is always worse at both equinoxes, Fall and Spring. It tends to settle some in Summer and Winter...odd factoid, but true. Hang in!
I was surprised, as I know how you feel about benzodiazepines. I'm also not a fan...I have seen what they've done to a family member. I'd probably vote for major surgery before running down that trail...LOL That said, I never knew they were used for this purpose, but I would have guessed they could further suppress the autonomic system. Maybe it would settle down tachy rates, but wouldn't it also create more problems with the gastroparesis, and neurally mediated hypotension? I clearly don't know enough about them or their action. Thanks for the tip...I'll do some reading about how it's used for this.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote