View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not benign but Swank helped

I've been dx'd nearly 20 years, but I had the symptoms of MS and/or Porphyria (my other dx) for 30 years before that. Not benign ever...caused grave trouble, although I still walked. The Swank diet I credit with keeping me walking and walking mostly straight. When I got off of it recently to try cocoanut oil for a week I suddenly lost ability to walk straight, got weak, had to lie down. Cocoanut oil was advocated for energy, to improve metabolism, and I think it surely did that, but it also is saturated fat, not on the Swank diet.

My MS was mostly hidden although I always had a slightly meandering walk and still do. My weak arms, eye hand coordination, dizziness, inability to "file" well, loss of IQ points, and finally Optic Neuritis brought me finally a dx when I had my first MRI. Since I always had Porphyria too, also undiagnosed, I cannot say always which caused what; but I'd say MS is benign, or mild, because of the Swank diet.
Since with Porphyria many drugs are problems, I am glad I have something else that really does make a difference. Some drugs have put me into Porphyria attacks. I don't know about LDN and Porphyria.

I am very depressed again, which comes on every time I have a good day when I'm active, get out, see friends....it always is the downer afterwards, and this time, way down. How to even survive it I do not know. I have to just wait.

Mariel

Last edited by Mariel; 03-03-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote