View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My sister has a husband that has a philosophy that money talks. And with him it's 'least amount of money' that talks. So she has bought me strange gifts at craft fairs.

Short list: Helping hand.....a stuffed white glove on top of a broom stick handle. Potatoes in a basket....pantyhose cut into small portions and then stuffed to make them look like potatoes and put in a basket to be used as a centerpiece. drink coasters.....ceramic hamburger, patty, both side of bun, lettuce, tomato. Put it all together and looks like a hamburger but apart is a set of coasters.

I don't like choosing names at Christmas because it makes the kids think that Christmas is all about them but I was glad to get off her kooky gift list. Now if she draws my name she has a decent amount to buy something nice.

My DH doesn't believe in buying any gift. If we need anything close to any occasion it just becomes my gift. So one year for his birthday I bought him a new frying pan. When he asked what in the %%^^%$ world I bought that for him I told him we needed one and his birthday was coming up.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-19-2011), Dejibo (04-19-2011), hollym (04-20-2011), tkrik (04-19-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (04-19-2011)