View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default While I didn't have TBI per se? I DID have...

a whopping fall onto hard ground and a VERY bad concussion.
First of all? I hurt terribly ALL over! And I bet your husband does as well.
Truly, having muzzy brain AND hurtin' like heck combined makes for a cranky person! Fractured ribs and bruises not quite as big as Texas?
Within a week things would ease a bit, but the mind/memory connections? There were sorts of 'disconnects' everywhere! By that I mean, I'd be driving to work, and sort of 'wake-up' halfway there and not remember getting there? Nor co-workers' names and other things I'd always just 'known'.
Strangely for me, I remember any waking moment from my fall, to getting into the ambulance and then waking up in an ER....about 4 hours later. There ARE times, when I'd rather forget the whole thing?
'Things' will come back to him slowly, but patience is key to helping this along. As for family? WHO IS TAKING CARE OF HIM? You or his family? IF you? YOU call the shots. You must talk to his docs about any attitude or mood changes. Then get help for it and ASAP. For both Him and YOU! Why? So if things work out well, you've gone thru all the 'what-if's', if not? You KNOW you've tried, and have given it the best shot possible.
While my 'crash and burn' as many call it? Wasn't as bad as yours? In about 6-9 months I was at 95% normal from 'before' -tho with his? It mite take longer, it should happen, you just have to get him to keep thinking and exercising and functioning to the best he can! You can't FORCE these things to improve faster, they do it at their own pace and in their own time.
Don't forget to take a couple of minutes each day for YOURSELF! Treats such as a Starbuck's coffee now and again? Make them TREATS! Feel like you are spoiling yourself. Then you can smile because you've had A treat today! I call them 'sillies' because they are!
Hang in there and take care of yourself first? Because you can't help others if you can't help yourself! Hugs and hope and good things SOON! 's! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
milesa7 (04-26-2011)