View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hey my friend... its spring... (well, from the freaky weather we've been having in Canada and the US... maybe not.... ) but.... that reminds me of a song that I used to sing...

"in the spring, a young man's fancy lightly turns to love" or something like that... and in the spring... things bloom... birds tweet, babies are born... everything is fresh and new.... and for those of us who don't have the love of a partner its a time we're reminded that perhaps we're missing something...

and then you lost your dog... good grief my friend... you're grieving ...

and now you're on an anti-depressant... it will kick in soon... and numb some of this pain... perhaps give you some of that "I don't care" feeling... I dunno... I honestly don't know the answer...

one thing I do know, though... is we have to love ourselves first... and that's not easy

do you journal? it might be a good idea to write down all that you are grateful for... perhaps even start a gratitude thread here... we can all take turns writing down what made us smile ... (I'm glad I made you smile on facebook today!! )

As I walked along in the sunshine today a woman, a bit younger than me, started talking to me and saying how difficult it was to walk because she had twisted her ankle... and then she said... well, I just beat cancer so I guess this new pain is just reminding me how lucky I am that I'm alive!
And I smiled and said, yes, and I have heartburn... and I'm alive too!

Not that I'm grateful for heartburn!!!
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (04-20-2011), BlueMajo (04-19-2011), thelonely1 (04-19-2011)