View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I completely understand where your coming from, as I was thinking of attending a private school as well. You would think that there would be federal funding for helping the disabled pursue an education. You would think that there would be private schools that reached out to the disabled community with assistance.. I didn't find much of it. I saw one private scholarship fund for those with the psychological disorder I gave (Lilly Reintegration Center), and that was it.

Really, its a ridiculous situation. There is federal funding assisting veterans going to school. There is all types of affirmative action programs based on ethnic/racial background assisting racial minorities.. where is this assistance for the disabled? I mean, I'm not even arguing this on behalf of myself, who just has a somewhat debilitating psychological impediment.. but why is it harder for the blind or paraplegic to attend school then it is for other specified groups? That makes no sense, as THERE SHOULD be categorized tuition assistance somewhere for the disabled
EducatedAsylum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote