View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear ddd15,
My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I was diagnosed with CRPS when I was 19 years old. I know what it feels like to be young and have this disease. Sometimes all I wish is that at least God could have given this to me after I got to live a full life. I know at any age it is horrible, but I want to get married, have kids and have a career! I'm still hoping it is in the cards for me (I'm 27 now). Please tell your daughter that there is hope, I went into remission after a year and a half and had a normal life up until 3 years ago when I injured myself again. So there is definitely hope!
I know there is much controversy with doctors regarding walkers and wheelchairs. I think if it allows your daughter the opportunity to get out more than it is worth it. We have to cherish those small moments of happiness any way we can. I don't know what your daughter has tried, but when I was 19 I did water therapy which seemed to help a little and I've had some temporary relief with Myofascial release, Cranial sacral therapy and Feldenkrais classes. These are more holistic/natural approaches, but since I've tried every med on the market I had to start thinking out of the box. Please let your daughter know we are rooting for her and that we support her!
lovefamilypets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ballerina (04-20-2011), gramE (04-20-2011)