View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Whether Removal or Revision for Tink

Oh Hurting- I ache for you in your situation, and all the more feel blessed regarding the doctors whom I have had treat me. My Physiatrist [aka Pain Doc is a board certified fellowship trained Physiatrist and very cautious practitioner. For this reason, he offered SCS only as the last resort after I had been through all else. Never did he express the process was easy, because it is not, as the whole of the process is arduous with hoops to navigate, and the double surgeries to endure. It was he who did my TRIAL placement in an OR under sterile conditions, and it was good. The TRIAL period lasted a week, then we gathered for the verdict and removal of the Trial leads. Only then did he have me interview with a recommended and trusted Spine surgeon, and Orthopedist in this case, whom he believed to be highly skilled and very careful. My wife and I went and proceeded with the interview, resulting in our asking the surgeon would he be willing to permanently implant the device in me. These are all treated as serious decisions and not casually among the practitioners whom I so trust.

Then on 30 June 2010, my surgeon with a whole team of folks gathered with me in the OR after a big crew from our church gathered in the prep area and prayed over us [joined by my surgeon and anesthesiologist] and then we went to do the deed, and it was good. Painful, absolutely, carefully done, I am convinced, a success, yes, and later that summer I fully withdrew from all pain medications and have used the stim and my trusty cushion to fully manage my pain since. I truly feel blessed.

I do realize my situation is dramatically different from you Tinkster, who now wrestle with the difficult decision of whether removal or revision because the process seems to have gone wrong. Tink, for you I am most sad as to the outcome, as I am for Sarah. All I can really effectively do is caution you about good care since surgery is serious stuff, and pray that whatever the decision you make, that it ultimately lead to peace and resolution for you.

Prayin,
Mark56zz
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (04-22-2011)