View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for your responces, and they are all valid points I have considered. As stated before, I have not dived into this thing, and am still being very cautious. Jomar I dont believe it is for a cost saving factor, simply just to have it taken care of at once, done and over with.
Again, after one rib is done, he waits 3 days, if all is well, then he proceeds to the next, if things arent as expected, he would not move on to the next side.
I have seen people post on the board who have surgery and retun to work the next week, I am relaistic about this and expect a long recovery time for my body. I would have exellent care durring my recovery time at home so that would not be a problem. I may not be as young as I once was, but if i keep putting this on/off in my head I will only be older, and my chances of healing/recovery wont get any better. As I have said before, I do not support surgery, unless it is a last resort....im just starting to feel like there are no more options.
Again, doing it in this manor for this surgeon is not something new to him, just something I had not heard of before. He continues to see and monitor his patients recovery for 3yrs after surgery. I have been fortunate enough to talk to a couple of his patients personally as well, and that has somewhat re-assured me of his compitance. (they each only had one side done though)
Thank you again all.
Cheers,
Jay
tossucks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-21-2011)