View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PM Drs. in my area on SCS

I feel bad for all you folks in rule areas that have RSD/CRPS. Most are stick with whatever PM Dr close by for treatment. Not all PM Drs. are bad in ways like hard of hearing, or short time spent we the patients

I live in a major metro area and find it very hard to fine a PM Dr. that will treat my pain. I have seen 5 PM Drs. 4 of the 5 said that I need a SCS before ever looking at me. To me it is like I am bring my new vehicle in for a oil change and before they open the hood they tell me that I need a total rebuild motor. I understand that a SCS may be something that I may or may not need but first I need to be treated for my pain through a process of elimination.

The pain meds I am taking are not working and have told my Dr. over and over only to be told lets leave everything alone for now and see how you feel 30 days from now. This has been going on for the past 4 months with no changes. The last time I meant with my Dr. he seam bent out of shape because I said I need something new for the pain and I took more than the 2 minutes or less he allows per patient.

Should I put my foot down with this Dr. or go looking for a new one. Most of these Drs. are for lack of better words the big dog and don't forget it. As they want you to know I the Dr. cannot do no wrong so what I tell you is all you need to know their is no risk when I do surgery's.

I went to a hand Dr. for 2 years before I allowed him to do joint replacement to the base of my right thumb. Well this Dr. severed the radial nerve in my wrist and told me for 18 months that the burning pain on the top of my hand as well as the same pain in the thumb and 3 fingers was normal. He was buying time to get pass the 2 year state limit. So now I question every Dr. that wants to treat me to make sure that everything is right.

There are a lot of good people on here with much more pain then I have but I now 4 years later have 8-10 pain in my entire right arm, hand, fingers, chest, upper back, and just found out through my PC Dr. after doing test that in is in both legs from hip down to the ankle. I ask this PM Dr. 2 months back if this had spread and he said no.

Sorry for my spelling and the way I frise things. My mine is still sharp but the hands cannot keep up and will not make sense of things.

Any feedback good or bad is welcome.
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-20-2011), Rrae (04-21-2011)