View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Huge surgery

Hi

I've had similar problems with cysts on my ovaries and the pain it causes. Sorry to hear you are suffering so much. Here's what my history is:

Cysts on my right and left ovary. Had R ovary operated on to remove cyst. Successful.

Cyst on my left ovary burst all by itself. No operation necessary.

My sister had ovarian/endometrial cancer stage 3. She had treatment and is a ten year survivor.

For the years following my sister's diagnosis I underwent endometrial biopsies every year since I was a huge candidate for getting cancer in this area.

In 2008 I underwent a hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. They found endometrial cells free floating in my abdomen and my right ovary strangled with endometrial cells.

Good thing, no more biopsies/everything fine. Bad thing, it took over 3 months to heal and almost a year to say I'm almost normal.

In what I gathered from your message the only reason you are having the hysterectomy is because of the cysts? If that is the case I'd hold off for a second opinion. This is a huge surgery. Don't let anyone tell you they were ready to go in 3 weeks. No one I know was fine in 3 weeks. If you have endometrial issues then that may be a different thing. Once you have your ovaries removed there are huge problems with hormones to deal with.

Good luck to you.

Teresa Marie

[QUOTE=redtail;763148]Hi all,
I want to get as many opinions ideas before I go and see a gynecologist. My problem is I have a cyst on my left ovary and am experiencing a huge amount of pain about a week after my period has finished, also major period pain and flooding. I've been to see my GP and had scans, which show up a cyst and possible endometrial deposits. She suggested that the only way to stop all that is going on may be a hysterectomy and removal of cyst.
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with a hysterectomy???
Any opinions ideas would be appreciated
Teresa Marie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
redtail (04-25-2011)