View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Hurting

Please feel safe and welcome in this place, for it is a haven for the hurting who need to take their thoughts and try to locate adequate help. THAT is a foundational principle of NeuroTalk. To my knowledge there are no editors or critics on here who would even attempt to scorn a poster due to their command of either language or a computer keyboard. Frankly, for many of us it is the very notion of pain in the hands which may prevent or interfere with use of a keyboard. So take heart, be comfortable, and feel the embrace of people who care, for we who are here DO CARE!

A guiding principle by which I have sought and received care is the recommendations regarding and interviews with doctors who might be allowed to touch my body. Equally strong is the doctors adherence to a goal of First Do No Wrong. While this does not necessarily mean such a doctor is incapable of error or mistake, for they are simple humans just as we on NeuroTalk are simple humans, it speaks highly of a physician that their background and hands are known among the medical community, so I tend to ask a lot of questions.

Taking these thoughts and applying them against your facts, the question becomes have you found a doctor who fulfills your goal as one who is interested in your treatment and healing as opposed to a quick kick of the tires to determine that your transmission needs replacement? If you feel unsure, your own wisdom will guide you to search again.

I have an appointment with my physiatrist a week from tomorrow, 28 April. If you like, and will reveal your metro area to me either by PM or here on the thread, I will ask whether my own doc whom I have trusted appropriately with my life time and again whether he knows of trustworthy physiatrists in your area. There is my offer, the rest is up to you. I hope and pray that you find the best care for your needs.

Prayin,
Mark56z
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (04-21-2011), Rrae (04-21-2011)