View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerdoor View Post
curious - when you guys say you have headaches after exercising, what does it feel like?

Did any of you have them simply from walking a few feet in the beginning? I wanted to be sure we are talking about the same thing. Did it take weeks to get to the point of just walking around without symptoms returning?

Also, you guys talk about symptoms "returning." I have a constant feeling in my brain that is unpleasant. It has not for a second gone away. Were you like that in the beginning too or did it come and go? Mine is a dull ache mixed with a prickly/stinging feeling in my brain - all around it. It's not a migraine at all. I've had those in my life and this is so so much better. Thank god, I haven't had any of those. I don't think I could deal with one of those and this at the same time. : )

Is this all very similar to your stories 3 weeks into injury?

thanks again.
My headaches are horrible throbbing on both temples, sinus pain, rear-lower head and neck tension. Mind you, I never had these during the 6 months after my concussion. I had surgery 6 months after my concussion, had to go the ER early due to diverticula perforation and eudured a couple of hours of the worst pain ever. It was soon after that, that the PCS-like symptoms - these headaches included - started. I'm 14 months post return of the symptoms.

I've had a few migraines before, those were a cake walk by comparison. At first these headaches diminished within 2 to 3 days. 5 day was the worst. They used to come on fairly quickly - within 3 hours - and were accompanied by cognitive fog. Now, they come on within a day and last about 6 to 12 hours.

I'm presently on 75mg of Nortriptyline for headache and emotional soothing (those headaches were worrying me and kicking my *****) and if I know a headache is coming on I can take an Amerge or Frova (not sure on the dose). They help keep the headache to a minimum, and next day they they've generally cleared.

The other symptoms when this started were: mental fog, dizziness, mental fatigue, difficulities with short term memory, executive processing difficulities. These particular symptoms were experienced even without exercise.

It sucks when part of your brain knows that the other parts are lagging.

Find calmness where you can and let the healing take its course.

Mike
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote