View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,

I have a treating physician nearby, and get my ketamine infusions monthly. I go 2 days in a row, my dose is 200 mg each day, and the IV is titrated to run for exactly 4 hours. my husband just drops me off and picks me up in the parking lot at the same time each day I go. At first I got sick a lot from the infusions, but we seemed to have worked out the kinks and I've done much better lately - I needed more Versed and Zofran.

it is awesome not having to travel 300 miles every month to get my ketamine!! My first 20 or 22 infusions were in NJ.

If you switch, have the new doc get your records from Philly so he can do the infusions the same way. although at first, it probably won't be exactly the same...

Good luck, xoxo. Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
Sandy,

I'm looking into the aquatic therapy myself and the botox has really been amazing for my migraines but I'm looking into making a change for my ketamine.

I was just curious, do you do it still spread out over 2-3 days or do the bolous dose with a total of 200mg or more given within 2 hrs (which is what Shwartzman usually does over 5 hours). I've met another Dr.who could treat me montly if I desire it so I am seriously considering it.

Dawn

Susan - I've made amazing progress in the past 6 months since starting ketamine and alot of other treatments but like anything else, it all takes time to iron out and there's days (or weeks, even months where you just want to scream or bury your head in the sand and cry.) We've all been there. The past week has been a complete nightmare for me. I have 4 teenagers with a deadbeat ex for their father and I just constantly feel like I'm swimming upstream. BUT...the good days I've had since ketamine have been enough to remind me of who I still am and can be and that's damn well worth fighting for, if not for myself, for my kids and amazing fiance.

As hard as it is, really do try to find a way to find a laugh in anything and always have something to look forward to.

Dawn
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote