View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbles View Post
I am so sorry that you have CRPS, and to be denied SSDI. I too have CRPS and a ton of other dx's, and I have been denied twice so far. I am like you on the so called reason for denial. I am 39, I am an LPN (I had to quit nursing school in the last semester because I couldn't complete the clinicals). Since being hurt at work (which I loved my job, it was a life long dream), now I have become a depressed person who now cannot go anywhere alone, having panic attacks, in so much pain from head to toe that I have become a person who has problems finishing a thought, completing a sentence, I don't go anywhere unless absolutely necessary.
I only wish these boobs at SSA could spend one day with us to see how we suffer in pain, and how we do things that most people can complete quickly and it takes us twice as long and we have to take breaks and how we suffer in pain. I am sorry for ranting but I get so frustrated seeing how many people get denied over and over and we are the ones who hurt so bad all the time, and you see someone with a handicap sticker and an electric scooter and they get SSDI because they can't work because they are 500 lbs. (and not have a gland problem)!!!!

I guess what we need are those people who have finally gotten approved, if you guys can let us know how you got approved and how you made it through the time? (like the physical and psychologically part of it)

Okay I am done ranting, thanks for letting me.
Hobbles
Hang in there hobbles, you'll get approved. My wife who has RSD was approved for SSDI last nov. 2 with 3.5 years back pay. It took sometime with 2 rejections and close to a third but I kept pushing. What bothers me the most is those who are really in bad shape physically and mentally, because of all the pain, have no one to help them through the process, forcing many to fall into cracks in the system. If you have a advocate that would be great, if not keep fighting, get a good lawyer who specializes in SS and get those doctors in your corner in writing (maintain doctor records). You will prevail. Like I've said on the RSD threads, No one fakes RSD-CPRS, there is no winging it. I say this because many with RSD feel guilty, because of ignorance from family, friends, employers, doctors. Feelings of guilt because of SS rejects their claim. But in time you will win your benefit that you paid for because in-fact you are disabled from this disease.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote