View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mama Rachel,
Hope you are okay with whatever you decided to do, continue or not continue treatments. I realized when reading your post, I could have wrote the first half up to the neorofeedback portion. My son just turned 6, I looked for help last year during pre-school. We to wanted to avoid medication. For a solid year we tried different behavior techniques with his social worker and got rid of red dyes and most artificial coloring and even flavoring in his diet. Along with adding Omega 3's, etc.
the professionals that we work with do not want to diagnose him because typical behavior techniques have no effect on him and they are sure he has multiple things going on. Our next steps are a nuerologist due to an abnormal EEG and a child pyschiatrist. The past two months we have tried ADHD meds with no luck, all of them made him even more anxiuos and even more stimulated in settings that he already struggled in. After trying the different meds, he now has a vocal tic that is so loud and frequent we have to keep him home from school on some days.
I hope that we can find a way for our kids to enjoy life and get through school!
anatividad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote