View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default upper abdominal twitching

Hello all-
I'm here looking for some insight or suggestions. I am a 32 year old female. For the past few weeks, I have been having constant twitching in my upper right abdominal area....right below my right breast. I do not have pain associated with the twitching, and the twitching is constant throughout the day. In the past year, I have had neck/spine problems. I had surgery for a bad disc and had a laminectomy in 9/10. I did not recover as well from the surgery and a lot of swelling occurred, so I have been doing physical therapy and also taking spinal shots every 3 weeks in hopes of making the inflammation and pain go away. I had the first shot the second week of march, and the 2nd shot the 2nd week of april...and I am due for the 3rd shot next week. I do not have any idea if my neck or disc problems are associated with the twitching in the abdomen. I am not pregnant, and am otherwise in good health and shape. I do not smoke, abuse alcohol or drugs, and I get adequate rest and have a decent diet. I do not notice any other issues other than the twitching and pain and swelling in my neck area. I dont know if I should see a doctor because I am not sure what to say or how to explain the issue. It's really more annoying than anything. I had EMG and Nerve tests done before my surgery, to rule out other issues...so at this point, not sure what to do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Pitter
pitter13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote