View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mrs. D - Thank you for the information. It was very interesting. I didn't realize that dental injections could cause this type of thing. Scary thought. I don't believe that my condition was caused by dental injections, though. I think I sustained systemic nerve damage from a toxin. I've also been lurking on the PN board and you seem to be a wealth of knowledge! You must be a doctor or a patient who has done a ton of research! I hope to learn a thing or two from you!

Lily - Thank you so much for the welcome and the link. It was very informative and helpful and helped clarify things a bit. The terminology can be confusing. It sounds like your records contain all of the terms, so you must really be confused. I would be! Of course, I'm new to all of this, so I'm still in the early stages of the learning process.

You asked what it feels like to me. The sensory symptoms are constant, painful and unrelenting. I have facial (along the trigeminal nerve) and teeth tingling/buzzing, pain and numbness, which drives me crazy. I also have the tingling in my arms, hands, legs and feet, but the facial sensations are the ones that get on my nerves the most. I have horrible ear pain (ENT cleared all ear issues) and jaw pain. My teeth throb, ache, tingle, buzz, hurt and it is constant, though the intensity can vary from bad to severely agonizing. A routine dental cleaning last fall set the symptoms into high gear and it took many weeks for them to return to their "normal." I probably left something out, but this is what I can recall at the moment. I have all of these symptoms on both sides of my face, though the left side is worse than the right. I hope that helps answer your question. Does it differ than your symptoms in any way? Are you on any meds? I wish everyone a reduced pain or pain free day!

Karate Mom
Karate Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-21-2011)