Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurting View Post
Mark56

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to see someone has found good PM Drs. to treat them. Also what said about SCS surgeries in general and how serious they really are with risk. I have not found a local PM Dr. take has taken this very serious to date and this is what scares me.

I am looking for a new PM Dr. again and this time I will find the right one for my needs.

Sorry to take this post off subject.

Good luck with what you decide on your SCS implant Tinkster.
Hurting
I 'feel' your frustration and I agree.....there are just too many cocky, high-and-mighty pain docs out there who are all gung-ho about doing these implants.....collect their VERY large sum of $$ and then basically don't want anything to do with us! They'll even go so far as to incinuate that we just want PAIN MEDS for the sake of having pain meds! .....which goes COMPLETELY AGAINST the song they were singing to us whilst making the 'sales pitch'...and REPEATEDLY stressing that we shouldn't expect more than 50% pain releif! .......So this leaves us hanging. On ONE hand, we are very grateful for the 50% pain relief.....but this does NOT mean that we've been 'cured', nor would we expect that! We KNOW the SCS isn't a CURE!
But they simply get irked when we come back needing revisions and breakthru pain meds......and eventually they'll send us off to a psychiatrist....because we've got MENTAL ISSUES!
There's nothing wrong with getting mental care. Chronic pain and depression certainly go hand in hand. I believe it's a GOOD thing and I've started seeing a psychiatrist....per the request of my pain doc. Why? because he doesn't want his reputation 'tarnished'. He wants me OUT of his hair!
Forget all the speal about the 50% pain relief. He doesn't want to mess with the OTHER 50%.....all of a sudden we become a 'pain in the @@$$' to them.

Ok, I'll shut up.
Obviously I'm a bit 'grumpy'
Not ALL pain docs are like this of course. Mine IS....and it sounds like 'Hurting' has experienced several of these.

Tinkster, you are in my prayers. I'm so sorry you have this decision to make.
I really wanted this to work for you!

Gonna go crawl back in to my hole now
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (04-22-2011), irljenn (04-22-2011), Mark56 (04-22-2011), Sophie_ (05-10-2011)