Thread: EMG results
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelae View Post
They did the RNS and the EMG on my face and on my arm. Both negative. Back to square one. He says I do not have MG - but the symptoms are still there. I am guarded with this diagnosis of not having MG. If I do have it, then time will tell, then we can go from there I guess. The tests were tolerable, but not something I would want to do again.
I'm sorry you didn't get answers. I know how painful that can be. I think you're exactly right to be guarded about this--to accept it for now but to keep the possibiliyt of MG in mind down the road if things change. For me, everything was unclear for the first year--my symptoms didn't seem typical (I had mostly balance troubles, due to weakness in my side muscles, but I didn't realize it was the side muscles that were making me tilty). As time went on, my symptoms did get more typical.

Also, my neurologist was content to leave me with no diagnosis as long as I seemed able to live with the symptoms--but at some point I came to him and said, "Look, this is really interfering with my life. I am getting worse. We need to do something." Then he escalated the investigation, sent me out of state to a different expert, talked about doing a course of IVIG diagnostically.

What I'm trying to say is that there was a time when I felt like I'd come to the end of the road, and no one was willing to go further with me. But it turned out there was a whole other level of care that was available to me when I made it clear that I needed it.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
teelae (04-23-2011)