View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth. I got so discouraged after the PT debacle and all the other stuff that I recounted here that I just sort of gave up.

Then doc2 saw me again and decided to run bloodwork for vitamin D levels (they've been low before, but he didn't know about that) and also to check sed rate again. And a week from tomorrow I'm getting a spinal injection. I have an inkling someone is going to tell me that's a bad thing to do, but I feel like I'm slamming up against a wall and month by month there's more pain and less functionality in my legs and I don't know what else to do but try it. I know there's zero hope that it will help with the burning feet--I'm just resigned to that part but hoping it will help with my legs.

I've tried all the supplements that people have suggested here, and tried the PT and meds that the docs have wanted me to do, and none of it has helped one bit. I think that the poor circulation angle is probably much more of a long shot than the nerve impingement is at this point. There's at least actual evidence for the nerve impingement. I appreciate everyone who has tried to help, but it looks like the end of the line to me. If this doesn't help, there's not much more to hope for.

Again, I do appreciate all of the advice and effort. I will let you know how the injection works out, or doesn't as the case may be.
I really hope it all works out and like I said before our cases could be completely different but I still believe that you have the same thing I do. It's a long shot and I know you have doctors telling you no way its that but the way you've described what happens to you is the exact same way I felt. I can't explain it, I don't know why it's happening, its crazy but I do know how you're feeling and it sucks. I hated the burning feet, I was so miserable and I hated the way people made me feel when I would say I was going back to the doctor to get another test. I also hated the doctors that would roll their eyes when I said "I saw this on the internet". But you know yourself better than anyone else and you know there's something wrong.

I really, really hope you can get an answer and get some relief. And I wish there was a easy way you could get the arteries in your legs looked at so you would know for sure. But unfortunetly you'd have to have an arteriogram and a vascular doctor that thought it was worth looking at. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and I can open this big research center and hire the best doctors and offer free testing to anyone that needs it! People could come to the center and just stay there until they got an answer and started treatment. What do you think? Sounds good huh? lol
myeamans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (04-24-2011), mrsD (04-22-2011)