View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

Not uncommon to not see bone growth at this early stage. Only a little bit was seen at my 3 month mark. Hoping for more when I go to my 5 month appointment at the end of May. Good luck when you go to your follow up appointment. I know you said that a friend gave you a soft collar, just make sure it is the proper height. I know prior to the surgery I had one that was quite narrow and the one post surgery was very deep.

The cage was to hold the BMP and bone fragments, just different than cadaver bone. My OSS is just very liberal. One of the other OSS that I went to for a second opinion had said hard collar for 6-12 weeks then the same for the soft collar and out of work for 6 months. I asked my OSS why there is such a difference and explained it to me, but I don't recall. Each NS or OSS has their own way of dealing with the recovery. As mine said the titanium plate and screws will hold everything in place.

Hopefully both of us can be active in August. I look forward to hikes in the mountains and canoeing or rafting on the river. We will have to bring my son to college in August just 1/2 hour from Canadian border by NY and Vermont, there are great locations there for outdoor activities. I'M thinking positively.

Enjoy your Easter. ( I enjoyed my Passover Sedars with family earlier this week. Looking forward to the end of Passover so that I can have my bread products again)

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote