View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk New Member is overwelmed with all info that I've read.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi! I'm Jill and would really like some recommendations. In 2008, I was recognized by the federal government as disabled and on social security. I'm really overwelmed right now, so please read this. I just need some answers.

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder & GAD. Where am I going with all of this? I am a survivor of a traumatic head injury which initially occurred in 1986. When I was younger, I was able to receive my Masters Degree, buy a home, make a decent amount of money and even adopt my son. Throughout this time, I was never without my dog. Yes, since 1986, 4 of my dogs have passed. In 2005, I underwent nueropsyciatric testing as I began having difficulties on my job as a Social Worker and at home. It was diagnosed that I came out of "remission" as I was showing signs of cognitive difficulties, motor difficulties & learning difficultiies. Now, at age 53, I had to short sell my home, have no money & am leaving California and moving to Colorado in hopes of locating an afforable environment (unlike California & I'm a frickin native - kind of angry about that ). Anyways, my dog, Bear, has been a huge support for me. My balance is kind of funky, so if I fall, Bear is right there to help me back up. He senses when I'm unhappy or going thru a bipolar episode.

I wish to make Bear either a Psychiatric Support dog or an Emotional Support dog. I have spoken to my psychiatrist about this and at my next appointment I want to present him with an outline or a copy of a letter that he'd write that specifies my diagnosis and request that Bear becomes my psychiatric support dog. I'm very fearful, that I will not find a place to live or even to stay in hotels because I have Bear. I will not give him up. Can you provide me with an example of a letter that my Psychiatrist, Dr. Guzman can sign.
itsmejill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote