View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with ginnie 100%. It makes absolutely no sense to me why so many claims that should obviously be approved intially are denied. I filed in January 2006 and like so many other claimants was denied twice, appealed twice and had to go before a judge in a hearing in May 2009. It took all of 15 minutes to have my case read, a few questions asked and disability approval granted. My attorney surmised that the judge had already made up his mind to approve me before the hearing began due to all of the documentation that backed my claim but just went ahead and asked a few questions for the formality of it all. So basically there was no reason to not grant approval the first time.

I thank God that I was finally approved but am still irritated about the stressfull process that so many others are put through to get approval of benefits that they rightly deserve from day one of filing their disability claim.

To everyone who has been denied, keep fighting, and fighting and fighting. You will prevail in the end! I know it gets hard but keep the faith. Your day will come and a very nice check for backpay along with it!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote