View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 04:40 AM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I was surprised that I was accepted after the first denial, but my LTD company hired a firm to advocate for SSD for me. It doesn't hurt to let your physicians know that you are applying, so they can be ready to advocate if necessary.

That said, I think my doctor listing my prognosis as "poor" went a long way in my fairly quick acceptance. I have to admit, seeing "prognosis: poor" in my medical records shook me up a bit. I guess with all the body parts I have had removed, and all the interactions, side-effects and restrictions I have on my diet, my prognosis for improving is, in fact, rather poor! If you will never improve, medically, make sure your doctor documents that clearly in your records.

BTW, I was accepted for Crohn's, complicated by having had my entire colon removed, and a less than good result with my j-pouch (recurring complications.) I didn't even have to list my growing neurological complaints, which at the time were diagnosed as just peripheral neuropathy.
I'm glad to hear you had an attorney and physician who knew what they were doing. Like I told someone else, I don't like to say congratulations to someone who has lost body parts and will be ill the rest of their life, but I'm glad the stress and emotion of dealing with SS is over for now. With body parts missing I think your doctor using the term "poor" would be an appropriate word. SS loves cases like yours it's obvious you are disabled, you save time and a lot of aggravation and paper work, within the system. Take care and enjoy what you can out of life. I sometimes watch the show Mystery Diagnosis and it takes several doctors sometimes up to 10 yrs to figure out what's wrong with someone. When they don't know, they say it's in the person's head. Instead of just saying I don't know let me find someone else. I'm temporarily helping people with foreclosures, that's another mess. I needed a break from the stress and emotion of disability and I'm not even disabled. Take care.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote