View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default weekly check in

Hi steve, the picture of the "badfellas" is wonderful. you have made my day! Nothing earthshaking here, except there was a lunar eclipse last night, but I forgot to set my alarm to view it. we did see "Breach" at the movies which was very good; finally found a movie my husband and I both enjoyed. He likes anything with Clint Eastwood riding a horse and/or carrying a gun (preferably a very large gun) and I favor British films or films with great cinematography requiring at least one handkerchief.
Weather remains very cold in cincinnati, though the sun is shining at this moment. We had the rest of our 70 yr old fir tree removed this past week. All the branches were sheared off from the weight of the ice and snow 1 1/2 weeks ago.
Finished reading "the inheritance of Loss" (forgive the "; my underline feature does not work)by Desai; a very moving, beautifully written novel contrasting colonialism and modernity, and illuminating the continuing aftereffects of colonialism.
also, Reader's Digest , mar 07,has a report titled "brain powered". Presents info about administering meds to get them across the BBB(thru genetic engineering to link drugs with specific antibodies) and the use of adenoassociated viruses to deliver genes that are implanted into the brain. (dr. Michael Kaplitt, weil cornell medical college.) and a "hard wired"connection between the brain and the immune systemvia the vagus nerve.
madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson

Last edited by olsen; 03-05-2007 at 07:49 PM.
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote