View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi erica1000,
I applied online also. It was in 2006 and If I remember correctly Social Security sent me the authorization to release my medical records form requesting my signature about 10 days after I applied online. I returned it to SS and I received a letter from them about two weeks later with the information regarding my claim such as my claim number, the name of my Claims Representative, and to let me know that they would send me a status update after they recieved and reviewed my medical records from my treating physicians.

I was not required to go to any of their medical exams. Not sure why but I didn't ask why either I imagine others in this forum have been sent to medical exams by Social Security and hopefully they will let you know about the process and their experiences.

This whole process can be confusing at times as well as frustrating. Please try to take a deep breath and not let the process or the decisions they make overwhelm you. When you are overwhelmed, come here and vent!

Ask as many questions as you want. We are happy to help because we have been where you are right now and understand what you are going through.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote