View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 01:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MS Stem Cell treatment

thanks for bearing with me Aarcyn*

**edit

My name is carmel turner i have received AHSCT treatment for MS. This procedure is covered under medicare (my total costs were $800). It involves chemo therapy to totally destroy the immunity system and from previously harvested stem cells....regrow your new bone marrow from scratch. In doing this my immunity system was effectively rebooted. As you can imagine the treatment was very intense. This is nothing like the procedure that you get from scam operators in europe/china/south America

I can though say that before treatment i was constantly declining from a very aggressive form of MS. I was only diagnosed for 3 years and was already in a wheel chair after having an attack every 6 weeks until treatment. Since november last year i have not had one attack. I no longer in pain 24/7. I no longer have any issue with heat. I was unable to take one step without holding onto a four wheeler walker , i now can walk about 1km without aid. even if it is a slow stumble it is still brings me to tears just to walk with my daughter to the local park.

**edit

Carmel turner*

Last edited by Koala77; 04-23-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: ** As per NeuroTalk guidelines
CarmelTurner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (04-23-2011), barb02 (04-23-2011), Judy2 (04-25-2011), SallyC (04-23-2011)