View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mike, I am really glad that your doctor is going to try plasmapheresis next, because I've heard it works really well for some patients who aren't helped by IVIG. I'm also glad that he's giving the IVIG a little more chance to work. I am feeling eerily good--I keep expecting a crash, and it hasn't come. My course of IVIG ended on March 1, and I didn't notice any improvement for almost two weeks. Then I had two very good weeks, and then a return of symptoms, but they've been quite mild. I really don't know what's going on.

I hardly mind this "living on borrowed time" feeling, it's so nice to be on my feet. The other day my friend was having a crisis, so I came with two of my teenagers, and we took her four little boys to McDonald's They are extremely hyperactive and mildly autistic, so even with three of us, it was a stupid thing for me to do. I was in a sort of panic the whole time because I kept counting the identical twins as one person as the flew by in a blur (hey, say that five times quick!) and thinking one of the kids was missing: just the sort of thing that ordinarily does me in. But I'm still standing...

I'm rooting for you to have some similar good surprise.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (04-23-2011)