View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Me In Big Trouble!!!

My Doc weened me off my Oxy about two weeks ago. It went real well. About two weeks before that she put me on Cymbalta. It takes about 6 weeks to totally get into your system but hey I'll try anything.

All was going well until about last week, both my legs started aching more than usual. I mean I have Restless Leg Syndrome and Peripheral Neurophethy as well as RSD but it has never been real bad or annoying. One Requip per night and I was good to go. Well the aching in my legs got more intense centering around my knees mostly and going up and down to my feet and up to my hips. Getting bad enough to keep me from sleeping.

I started finding I had less and less energy to walk as the days went by and the pain (BAM!!!) shot through me like a rocket. But than quieted down to a very very intense dull ache now from hips to toes 24/7 nonstop. Well last night I hobble up the stairs, got to the top and simply collaped. Not a lick of energy left in me. My legs weighed a thousand pounds and hurt like crazy. I crawled to my room and died.

I toss and turn all night only to get up this morning to find both my knees are the size of large melons. They are hard as a rock and I cannot move my legs from the knees down. Hips down to knees is okay. I can wiggle my toes a little but not much. The skin is stinging burning but ice cold to touch. It is not blue but bright red.

If I had gone my local Emergency Room they would treat me like I should be used to this "Mr Chronic Pain Man" and accuse me of seeking drugs. I don't need the added aggravation.

What is happening? Any ideas. It hurts soooooo bad. Please offer anything you can throw at me.

Signed - "So Desparate I'd Concede To Admitting To Be The Real Father Of Anna Nicole's Baby - Just For Five Minutes Of Relief"