View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Hi my dear friend D, my condo & I are still standing here in St. Louis

Yes, we had tornadoes all around the St. Louis area last night on Good Friday.

In the last 9+ years since I acquired Central Pontine Myelinolysis, now I can say that God has not only protected me from the CPM as some 50% to 75% of us CPM victims of this medical error from treatment sadly pass on. Note, that's the statistics OF THOSE DIAGNOSED. Again, no one knows the TRUE numbers of CPM deaths world wide. I've continued to do my best assisting those who like myself was told NOTHING as my Bariatric Gastric Bypass Surgery, which took place at one of the Top Ten Medical Centers in the United States, turned out to be the initial makings of CPM in my opinion along with several other doctors in these years that those truly responsible hid between the lines. Now since I've started the CPM Awareness Foundation, I'm closer to writing a book from the actual patients point of view as long as my health will become stable. I look forward to saying hello to those who first chatted on BrainTalk like myself back in 2003. I always wonder about all those I helped with CPM and their loving families as well as those who lived on their own like I, "Except for my Franky my boston terrier that I adopted at a rescue when he was 10 weeks old." I took him to Baltimore with me when I was an outpatient at Kennedy Krieger and Johns Hopkins Institutes for rehabilitation the four months there. Ok, he is back from the morning duties. G-d Bless...

Franky and Breeze
On 11/17/06 The National Institutes of Health's (NIH) National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) became the first World Organization since it's founding 50 years ago to validate "CENTRAL PONTINE MYELINOLYSIS," as it is now added to the NINDS Information Pages. I personally notified Ms. Melanie Klietman, of NINDS while attending a NORD conference in Bethesda, MD.

WhataBreeze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (04-23-2011)