View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Well, good question.

I think when one gets down to the capillary level...there is no way to dilate that small. This is why viscosity of the blood becomes important, in the bone marrow disorders that pump out high length chain proteins which clog up the serum.

High viscosity also comes from high sugar intake, and high fat meals. (this has been tested in studies).

Also when the blood cells enlarge as in macrocytic anemias, the cells have trouble passing thru the tiny capillaries.

Most of the spaces in those tiny capillaries are the thickness of one normal red blood cell. Those vessels do not have smooth muscle. I believe that stops at the arteriole level.

So perhaps the light works at this very tiny level... and I am being generous here with the "perhaps".

Not being able to to dilate at the capillary level makes perfects sense. Then my next question would have to be whether anticoagulation would improve flow...even to the tiny vessels?

I have particular interest in your logic because I have APS (Antiphospholipid Syndrome) to include 3 strokes & 2 amaurosis fugax. I also have SVID (small vessel ischemic disease). Of course, I'm on life long heparin injections. I must keep in mind that ischemia might be contributing to my ganglionitis induced neuropathy. However, I must say that I find no improvement being anticoagulated...but who knows if it would be worse if I was not.

I can maybe understand light opening those tiny vessels. But I would think this could/should be easily confirmed via vascular imaging studies...and I don't see any documentation to support HOW this works or that it does open vessels. Then again, IF it does open these tiny vessels, how does it KEEP them open for any reasonable length of time?
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote