View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mike, I agree and am glad that you are going to try plasmapheresis. I hope it works for you so you are able to get some relief that lasts a little while longer than the IVIG did. I have also heard that many people have had success with plasmapheresis. I've never had plasmapheresis because IVIG has really worked well for me, Thank God

MG is very much an individualized disease because it really can affect everyone differently. What really bothers me sometimes is how so many doctors dismiss the possiblilty of someone having MG because they want to put everyone with this disease all in the same box. I just hate to think of all the people in this world that do have MG and could find relief if they could get a diagnosis and receive proper treatment

MG doesn't only affect us physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I also have spoken to a psychologist before about my mental, emotional and spiritual state due to MG. She was great at helping me to focus on one thing at a time so I wouldn't get so overwhelmed all the time. She also made some very nice relaxation CD's for me and that helped a whole lot because I learned how to calm myself down by focusing on other things such as my breathing etc. Funny how that really does work for me.

I'm glad that your psychologist is helping you too Abby. We all need to learn techniques that can help us navagate through this maze called Myasthenia Gravis.

Gentle Hugs to both of you

Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (04-24-2011)