View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, Paula - you did share your computer with me...

Ah, a fellow PAN person.

A quick follow-up to my Washington DC experience....and a personal reminder of how quickly one (I) can go from empowered to vulnerable.

The hotel had debited my account $1000, the person who tried to fix-it doubled the debit --- I was out $2000 that I didn't (and don't have).

My train was to leave at 4:05 PM --- it seemed that the hotel admins. thought that I would simply give in, take the train home, and try and fight the problem long distance.

While I did not feel particularily well, I wasn't ready to walk away. 3 1/2 hours .... several faxes from my bank, and a missed train.....the hotel reversed the charges correctly.

The hotel also provided a room for the extra night I had to stay in DC.

This experience has left me troubled and good and mad --- and also focused on the fact that we (the PD community) do not have the time to break-up into fractions .....for if we do (pro-life, pro-stem cell, pro/anti ...) we will be picked off one-by-one - in the profound issues of wealth/proverty; housing/homelessness, health insurance/uninsured, accessible transportation/isolation.

womb to tomb --- honor all of our lives

Our efforts for recognition of our lives and our right to be free and fully human are intimately connected with others who suffer injustice and who struggle for fairness and human dignity. Suzanne Pharr

Last edited by Kathleen Ann; 03-04-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: to add signature quote
Kathleen Ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote