View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
OMG

I just re-read this whole thread over and over and over trying to understand it and some things that were written and you know what?

I don't know that it was a wall. I think it was secrecy. Trying to keep secret painful things from family.

I don't think they knew. I imagine or think it must have been shocking to them to find out how he'd been thinking all those years.

PTer's daughter was/is always a friend of mine. She's the most amazing woman. We met in person in the USA and she's a Long lost but much loved contact.

I think it was me that accidentally tipped her off to her father's posts at SOS. She had asked me how I knew her father and I knew her father because he'd visited my home forum and suggested I might find some friends at SOS... which thankfully I did. I didn't know she had no idea he posted there. It may have been very shocking to her.

She had wondered how I knew her father. I knew him because I stood side-by-side with him on a number of times in that original old forum where people were being discriminated against because of certain conditions. I raised my voice with him to try to help other people understand more about the particular conditions. I remember this so well.

I recall PTer coming to my home chat/ not forum at the old mgh place and saying he was going forever, (I remember it was late at night my time in au and I was talking with robyn from Victoria and she wondered what was going on. I was so sad. He said that I wouldn't talk to him again and that was that. We talked/chatted in real-time and then he was gone. forever.

Oh my...
Lara
How I wish I could sit across the table from you again... a pot of tea between us... maybe some cookies...

We are pioneers of cyberspace... and the relationships and experiences we have lived are incredible.... we are lucky to have been invited ...
and... to have stayed.

Hold dear your memories of Pter
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (07-26-2011), Lara (10-19-2011)