Thread: just a vent...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Prof,

I don't want to rain on your downer parade but maybe you still have a chance?

It took 10 years of misdiagnosis's , 4 cervical surgeries, a lumbar laminectomy , trigger point injections, etc before I finally received the correct diagnosis.

I did the 5 day inpatient first followed by boosters of of 200mg at 2 wk intervals twice, then at 1 month, then at 2 months, then another 5 day out patient at 6 months.

I truly noticed the largest improvement after the first 2 week booster after my inpatient. There was a period of time where even my doctor thought I was not making any progress on the ketamine and that was while receiving 65mg per hour constantly for 5 days.

Sooo....long story short, sometimes the effect can really come to you afterward so PLEASE don't give up and do get rest and try to stay stress free for a while after your treeatment.

Best wishes with it,
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof de Rien View Post
on thursday, i had my fifth "subanesthetic ketamine" infusion, the dose having reached 155 mg over a 2 hour period. all to no avail, these five treatments. i have one more scheduled for may 2, and then fully expect the doctor to call it quits.

i am a pretty balanced person, all things considered, but i feel like i am finally coming unhinged.

it's been 9 years of constant pain and blahblahblah (i don't intend to preach to the choir -- or bore it with needless detail!). i did not realize how much hope i had sunk into this ketamine adventure and while i knew intellectually there was a chance it would not "work," apparently my psyche didn't get the message.

so i plan to give in to the blues for a few days -- i've already been crabby going on 4 days, and that's about enough. then i have to tackle the enormous question: what now?

i already know the answer. there's been no stone unturned, really -- the problem is a familiar one -- my diagnosis was much delayed, hence my treatment(s) really started too late. and trying ketamine after 9 years and expecting it to work? why, i guess that was downright silly.

note: if you are considering outpt subanesthetic ketamine, don't be let down by my experience... because i am certainly not the type of case that is likely to benefit -- it was just something i had to try, for my own peace of mind. (peace of mind? well, i guess that will be something to look forward to!) from what i am told, when it works, it is a remarkable thing...
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (04-25-2011), Swatgen27 (04-24-2011)